Monday, January 10, 2011

Four Sacred Rules


Four Sacred Rules

In these past few months, I’ve asked myself, “How can I maintain spiritual and emotional health?” To many people get old and bitter at the same time, I weant to get older and wiser. I want to wake up one day and still love Jesus, my family, and ministry. The only thing that happens on accident is we drift spiritually, we hold grudges, and we let the fun of life slip away. I want to stay fresh, I want to grow and I want to be alive.  Here are four sacred rules I have developed for me.

Divert Daily
· Sacred mornings every morning (Journal, Bible, Prayer, To Do List) 
· Before bed, relax and meditate on my “go to scriptures” for the week
· Extend Quiet hours on TR from 8-9 AM


Withdrawal Weekly
· Protect 2 personal nights weekly (Thursday and Fridays)
· Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy (Exodus 20:8)
· Spend one night a week at home and relax
· Work from “home” on Wednesday Evenings (Ministry)


Monthly Moments

· Monthly spend some time with Eagles (Peter, Jeffery, Jeremy, )
· Monthly Coaching (Mentoring)
· Monthly “travel and lead” outside of Cedar Park


Abandon Annually
· Prayer and Planning Retreat (January and July)
· Summer Break (Three Weeks no leading, meetings, work from home)
· Three weeks vacation- take them and enjoy.
· Only Lead 32 times a year
· See counselor twice a year (July and December)

1 comment:

  1. Amazing. You are a true man of God and should make a great pastor that others would like to follow.

    Can you please add a deadline and means to measure when you have achieved these goals?

    ReplyDelete