Sunday, February 27, 2011

Good Experience #6


Adopting a Little Sister
            I love family – it means everything to me. I’ve gone through a few family divorces, but 11 years ago, my mom and step dad decided to adopt a girl from Korea, which is awesome because I am adopted as well. So they adopted a baby girl when I was about 10. I cannot tell you how overjoyed I was to have a sister because I already had two brothers who annoyed the snot out of me! I remember the day that we picked up my sister from the airport. My family, along with extended family all waited at the terminal anxious to get their first glimpse at my sister, Lexi. When she arrived, everyone was speechless, but still full with emotion and lots of tears.
            As I grew older, so did she, and it’s been an amazing experience to have a little sister that I care so much for. She always wanted to be around me and hangout with me, and she still does. In a way, it is a glimpse into what it’s like to have a daughter someday. Loving someone so much that you’d do anything for them. 
a          I love what 1 Corinthians says about love – its patient, and kind, not envying, proud or boastful. I love that because that is exactly the kind of love that I have for my sister Lexi. She always says that I’m her favorite brother (I tell her that she can’t have favorites and that she has to love us all the same), and sometimes I don’t know if that’s because we are both Korean and both look the same, or if its because I show that I care about her more than my brothers do, but, I love her with everything I’ve got. Even today, I go home once a week just so that I can hangout with her and spend time with her. I text her daily so that she knows that I love and care about her. Sometimes she’s annoying and just wants to make me mad, and sometimes I’ll blow up at her, but I still love her. I probably spoil her just a little to much, but I love doing things for her. We make sure that we have our monthly dates where I take her out and we do something fun just the two of us. Being a big brother has been such a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment