Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Types in College Worksheet

Part One
List your four letter communication type code | ENFJ
How does your communication style based on your code relate to the following areas?

| choosing a major
I am a ministry major and my Myers Briggs code is really perfect for me and my major because I am an NF as well as outgoing and detail oriented. This works out great because I have also thought about going into business and to be a business leader, it takes someone who is NF and detail oriented.

| learning style
My learning style is to pound through tasks and be very detailed oriented. I have no problem with learning with people and can infact help learning. Interacting is important to me, as well as being hands on.

| reading, writing and studying
Like I said, I enjoy working in groups when it pertains to studying. Some would say that you get less done in groups due to socializing. But I like that. Sometimes its better to work with people, and be a little less productive and have fun, then to try and pound it out yourself. In a way, it kind of makes learning and studying fun.

| playing
I am an extrovert. I get my energy from being around people. I like leading groups of people and it energizes and pumps me up. I have my times where I like being alone, but those times are usually reflective only.

| stress
I enjoy stress, and a possible cause of stress is that I enjoy working under stress. I feel that I am more productive when there is stress and deadlines. It forces me to get my butt in gear. Although it isn't probably the most effective way to use and deal with stress, it works for me


Part Two | communication strategies

1. Select a person in your life who you would like to improve your communication with. (Roommate, boss, professor, parent, brother or sister, friend) | Father
2. Based on your observations of this person, guess their four letter code. Explain your guess. | ISTJ
My dad is introverted, he likes to be by himself and think about things more than going out. He likes judging and he is very structured and likes things as they always have been. Change is hard. 

3. Compare and contrast your code with them. |  
We are completely opposite. I am very outgoing and social, although we are both judging and like things very structured and like things as they always have been. 

4. List ways that you might adapt to their communication style to improve the relationship. | 
- Stay in more. Don't always ask that we go out and do something. 
- listen to what he thinks more


No comments:

Post a Comment